Check out what some of our patient's at our surf-based practice are saying about the care they received from Shane Carpenter, PT, DPT.
Water's Edge Physical Therapy and Wellness, Inc, dba Surfer's Edge Physical Therapy opened in 2013 with the premise that keeping people connected to the ocean would foster a healthier lifestyle and help prevent illness and disease. We believe in offering EXCEPTIONAL physical therapy and wellness services to our clients. Our company is built on providing innovative care that is relevant to your needs from experienced therapists. Our goal is work away from the current insurance-driven care model as we believe it can create obstacles for many patients and practitioners to connect on a one-on-one basis.
Our mission is to provide physical therapy and wellness services to our coastal community, so people can enjoy the ocean, lead happier and healthier lives. We aim to create innovative physical therapy and wellness services that are relevant and customized. We believe in being an approachable health care practitioners, happy to answer questions, solve problems, or help you overcome a challenge. Our community is important to us, and we strive to recognize others, support local non-profits, artists, and be environmentally conscientious. Our vision is to provide a new venue for physical therapists to connect with the public in a user-friendly manner transcending the standard concept of physical therapy. Our core values are compassion, commitment to quality, and dedication to a healthy and active community in coastal California.
MEET YOUR THERAPIST
Shane Carpenter, PT, DPT, CMT
As a healthcare provider, I am committed to helping people stay active in their sport of choice throughout one’s lifespan. Realizing that activities around the water and outdoors provides tremendous physiological and psychological health benefits is what drove me to start my practice Water’s Edge Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy Licenses | California: 35208 | Maine: 4589 | Hawaii: 3388
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) - Chapman University
- B.A. Psychobiology- University California Santa Cruz
- Certificate in Massage Therapy- Mueller College of Holistic Studies
- Wearing a Wetsuit Alters Upper Extremity Motion during Simulated Surfboard Paddling Dec 14, 2015 J. A. Nessler, M. Silvas, S. Carpenter, S. C. Newcomer.
- Conservative management using physical therapy in a 64-year old big wave surfer with degenerative joint disease of his hip: A case study. Pending publication
- CPR Certified - American Heart Association